Today we are releasing our 2018 Year in Review, highlighting our achievements and accomplishments, our values and our goals for 2019.
2018 was a great year for CocoTutors, which also happens to be the year we were established.
Firstly, within this short 9 months (Mar – Dec):
– Over 400 Requests were fulfilled: We successfully matched 438 tutors to Parents in 2018 alone. The numbers picked up greatly at the later part of the year (Nov-Dec) when Parents saw how results improved, and requested tuition for other subjects as well.
– 2,500 Strong Tutor Base: As of 31 Dec 2018, we have over 2,500 tutors across all platforms. Our active tutors are able to take on any assignments, for all Levels and all Subjects, all across Singapore. Tutor numbers may seem small compared to other agencies, as we have a stringent processing criteria for any potential tutor applying through us.
We also saw the following enhancements made to improve efficiency and productivity:
– Improved User Interface for Parents: Parents can now request for a tutor without the need to contact an agent/coordinator beforehand, by simply filling up our Request Form.
– Improved User Interface for Tutors: Tutors can easily view and search for all open & available assignments with the functions on our Telegram Channel, instead of receiving personal updates which is prone to errors.
– Published Comprehensive Guides: Many Parents rely on Education advice through word-of-mouth and recommendations, and we all get skeptical at one point. Hence we have created comprehensive, official guides for Parents; such as 12 Study Tips from A Top Scorer, Secondary 3 Subject Combination Exercise, to name a few.
Also, our efforts to become the #1 Choice for both Parents and Tutors alike for their tuition-needs:
– Our Values: No Agent Fees, No Hidden Fees, No Commitment Period, Terminate Anytime, Trial Lessons Available, Pay Only when Lessons Completed, Choose your own Tutors. Parents can have an ease of mind when getting a Tutor from us, if it is their first time trying a tuition agency. We have better practices than other agencies!
– Conflict Resolution: Any disputes arising between Parent, tutor or agent, we will step in to mitigate and resolve any misunderstandings arising due to miscommunication. Up to date, we have successfully resolved all conflicts peacefully for all our clients.
– Payment Dispute: Non-payment by Parents are a rare case, however we have also amounted a few hundreds in bad debt (non-paying Parents; refusing to pay). Despite this, we always make sure to still pay our tutors as we believe our tutors’ welfare is important.
Goals for 2019
Starting January 1, you can only expect better Services from CocoTutors. From improved user interface, expanding our Reach, producing more content, to an even faster response time, we are looking to establish ourselves as Singapore’s top choice for Tuition/Education-needs.
If you require home tuition for your Child, do not hesitate and Call/Whatsapp +65 9177 9055 now! We provide tutors for all levels (Primary – Junior College), for all subjects. Alternatively, you can fill in our Tutor Request form.