Here is a List of blacklisted Tutors, Tuition Agencies, and Parents (abuse of Services, refuse to pay tuition fees, skip Commission, bad attitude, etc.). The aim of this List is not to humiliate, embarrass, or harm any individual/party in any way, shape or form, but to safeguard the rights and improve the welfare of our Home Tutors, private tutors and Parents in Singapore.
- “Ms Pang”, +65 9***7562
– Impersonation of public/civil servant, cheating
– Applied to be a Tutor claiming to be a Current MOE School teacher, unable to provide MOE email address, provided a fake MOE Teacher’s Pass/Singapore Public Service Pass. Upon further digging, found exact same picture of Teacher’s Pass at a MOE Teacher’s personal wordpress blog – which was public, and could be found if you searched keywords along the lines of “Singapore Public Service MOE”, “MOE Teachers Pass” on Google Images.
- Michelle Lim Qing Yu “Zc0rpi0l0rd”
– Requested to cancel tuition the day of the first lesson, citing current students would like to have that timeslots instead. No response/MIA even after suggesting a few solutions to help absolve the problem, Parent left without a Tutor at a very crucial period, less than a month before the N Levels.
- Luke-John Lee Suen, +65 8***6124
– Violation/abuse of our Services
– Requested Parent to make payment of 2 lessons before any lessons are completed (payment in advance), as well as a minimum commitment period of 4 lessons, violating all of the agency’s Terms and Conditions of having 1. Payment only after lessons are completed 2. No Commitment Period, Parents can cancel anytime if unsuitable.
– Tutor failed to inform agency beforehand on his intentions, instead communicated directly with the Parents on his intentions. Did not pick up calls/text messages afterwards.
- Esther Loh Xuan Yi, +65 8***3959
– Scheduled for two lessons with our client, both consistent no shows despite repeated reminders.
– Also consistent bad record of after confirmation and arranging lesson, to reschedule lessons afterwards (cleared chat history and use of different phone numbers to spoof)
- “Mrs Lim”, “Avia Lim”, +65 9***1358
– Abuse of our Services
– Requested for only Free Trials for daughter, Avia Lim. When Tutors arrived at the arranged location for tuition (Free Trial), uncontactable the entire day through Calls/text/Whatsapp, Our Tutors left stranded at the location with no formal answer, eventually left after waiting for 30-45 mins. Only replied early in the morning or very late at night to confirm details. Explained that it was due to family problems/emergency hence being uncontactable.
Also on multiple occasions, 5 min before the Free Trial was scheduled to start, cancelled at the last minute indicating unable to make it due to “family issues/problems”, Tutor had to head back home when they have already reached the location.
– Out of 9 Tutors that agreed to provide a Free Trial, only 2 tutors (first 2) successfully conducted the Free Trial. The other 7 were no-shows/cancelled/rescheduled for another day and eventually cancelled.
- Althea Ong, +65 8300 8642, +65 8753 1981, +65 9*** 7118
– Cheating, Fraud, Business Impersonation
– Requested a total of $1,440/month in tuition, requested for invoice before any confirmation as her “ex-husband requires company stamp proof”. Proceeded to fabricate and edit invoice, claiming over $2,000 worth of tuition was completed the past 2 months, from ex-husband.
Fake number impersonating CocoTutors was also created “Coco Tutor Educational”, +65 8300 8642, to claim the tuition fees using child support from the father. Went MIA after father called up the official hotline +9177 9055 to clarify if such transaction actually took place. Legal action taken.