[Submissions only run through from 10 May 2020 – 31 July 2020]
NOTE: This is not an official freelance writing job opportunity to make money.
- Articles/content that you produce will be published on our Blog, and shared throughout our Social Media channels
- Anyone – Parents, Students, Tutors can publish an opinion
- Topics revolving around Singapore Education or Tuition – guides, tips, personal stories/experience (we previously published “How taking Combined Science Almost Ruined My Future“)
- Target Audience: Parents, Students, Tutors
- Remuneration: S$5 base (per article, subject to bonus)
- Our moderators will review the content, content that is not suited to what we are looking for will get rejected
- Articles are accepted on a rolling basis, depending on our publishing needs – we will contact you if we choose to proceed with your piece
- Word count: 750+ words
- No plagiarism
- Singapore context
- *Personal story & practical advice
- Detailed, unique/interesting and factually correct
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Who can publish an Opinion?
Anyone. Parents, Students and Tutors can all share their Story.
2. Where will the Stories be published?
3. How do I know if my Story will be accepted?
Not all submissions will be accepted. Only submissions that are deemed to be of quality/standard and suitable for our Blog and its purpose will be accepted. Submissions that are not accepted will not receive the payout (i.e. we will not purchase the article/content)
Unfortunately we will not be able to provide guidance or constructive feedback to meet the standards, for all submissions.
4. How can I improve my chances for my Story to be published?
- Increase credibility: add in Facts & Figures
- Add in Personal Touch: personal story, experience
- Engaging, straight to the point
- Simple yet interesting
- Similar topics in our Blog will most likely not be considered
Terms and Conditions
- All rights to the content & article will be fully owned by CocoTutors (UEN: 53378205L) and only CocoTutors;
- You affirm that your content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, copyrights, privacy rights, publicity rights or other legal rights of any third party, and you either have paid and will pay in full any fees or liabilities arising from the use of your content;
- While we make every effort to preserve your voice, we will be making edits to the content. We may also update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness;
- Representations and Warranties: upon acknowledgement and agreement by such party, this Agreement will constitute the legal, valid and binding obligation of such party, enforceable against such party.
Please acknowledge and agree to the terms and clauses above to proceed. Your article will be posted up on our blog (https://www.cocotutors.com/blog)