Direct School Admissions (DSA) is one way to secure your spot in your preferred School before PSLE, O Levels.
Direct School Admissions (DSA) Scheme
The DSA exercise allows Primary 6/Secondary 4 students to apply to some schools before taking the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE), or GCE O Levels.
Students apply based on their talents in sports, co-curricular activities (CCAs) and specific academic areas.
Students who have taken up an offer through the DSA exercise will be guaranteed a place in the school. They will not participate in the Secondary 1 Posting Exercise/JAE and will not be allowed to transfer to another school after obtaining their PSLE/O Level results.
Direct School Admission 2019 Changes
From 2019, students applying for admission to Secondary 1 places via the Direct School Admission (DSA) scheme will use a centralised online portal.
With the new portal in 2019, students no longer need to apply separately to different schools for DSA admission.
Some schools used to charge for DSA applications, but applications under the new portal will be free, to encourage kids of all backgrounds to apply.
DSA Application Process
Parents will only need to fill in one form via the online portal to apply to multiple schools and talent areas, and their details will be provided electronically to the secondary schools.
– Choose up to 3 Schools
– Receive only 1 offer from each School
– No hard copy student details/records needed
Securing Direct School Admission (DSA)
To Secure DSA, there are standards that schools look for in order to give your child admission.
Through Music, Performing Arts & Dance:
– Attained at least Grade 5 for Piano
– Represented his/her school in SYF Arts Presentation
– Won a minimum of Silver Award or Certificate of Accomplishment at the SYF Arts Presentation
– Proof of participation in any competitions is a bonus, winning is an added bonus, whether for clubs, schools, or national competitions.
– Member of top 4 teams in National Inter-School Championship
– Member of Top 2 team in the same Championship
– Quarter-finalist in the National Age-Group Individual Championship (or any major Championship organized by Singapore Primary Schools)
– Proof of Participation in other competitions